Most computers can get started locally or on the cloud in just a few simple steps.
1. Download the latest, pre-built version of Spark. Then set an environmental variable by typing this into the terminal.
2. Install Thunder. If you are already using Python just type this line into the terminal. (If not, get Anaconda.)
pip install thunder-python
3. Start Thunder and try an analysis!
thunder >> from thunder import ICA >> data = tsc.makeExample("ica") >> model = ICA(c=2).fit(data)
1. Set up an AWS account, get your secret access key, and create a key pair (see the documentation for more details).
2. Use this command to launch a 5 node cluster named "test". It will just take a few minutes to start
thunder-ec2 -k mykey -i mykey.pem -s 5 launch test
3. Once the cluster launches, login and start
thunder-ec2 -k mykey -i mykey.pem login test $ thunder
Don't forget to shut down the cluster! Run the above command replacing "login" with "destroy".